The Introduction of Industrial Aluminum Profiles’ Properties
Aluminum alloy is one of the main metal materials for industrial applications. It has several main properties
1. Hardness. If industrial aluminum profile is used as a metal frame, it still needs to bear a certain weight. If it is only used as a decorative part, the hardness requirement is slightly lower. The hardness is directly related to the chemical composition of the alloy. Secondly, different conditions also have a greater impact. Judging from the achievable hardness, the 7 series, the 2 series, the 4 series, the 6 series, the 5 series, the 3 series, and the 1 series decrease in order. Therefore, 7 series aluminum alloys are often used as aviation aluminum. And like the common 6063 grade aluminum alloy profiles in our work and life, the hardness in the 6063-T5 and 6063-T6 states is also different, and the hardness in the T6 state is higher than that of the T5.
2. Corrosion resistance: Corrosion resistance includes chemical corrosion and stress corrosion resistance. Generally speaking, pure aluminum of series 1 has the best corrosion resistance, series 5 performs well, followed by series 3 and 6, and series 2 and 7 are inferior. The selection principle of corrosion resistance should be determined according to its use occasion. When high-strength aluminum alloy is used in a corrosive environment, the surface must be treated with anti-corrosion.
3. Strength and strength are important factors considered in product design. When aluminum profiles are used as components, appropriate alloys should be selected according to the pressure they bear. Pure aluminum has low strength, while the 2 series and 7 series heat-treated alloys have a high degree of hardness, and there is a certain relationship between hardness and strength.
4. Decorative performance: When aluminum is used for decoration or some specific occasions, its surface needs to be processed by anodizing and painting to obtain the corresponding color and surface structure. At this time, its decorative properties should be considered, generally In terms of materials with better corrosion resistance, their anodic treatment performance, surface treatment performance, and coating performance are very good.
5. Machining performance: Machining performance includes forming performance and cutting performance. Because the formability is related to the state, after selecting the aluminum alloy grade, the strength range of various states must be considered. Generally, high-strength materials are not easy to form. If the aluminum material is to be formed by bending, stretching, deep drawing, etc., the formability of the material in the annealed state is good, on the contrary, the formability of the material in the heat-treated state is poor. Aluminum alloy has poor machinability, and better machinability is required for molds, mechanical parts, etc. On the contrary, low-strength ones have poor machinability. For products that require cutting, such as molds and mechanical parts, the machinability of aluminum alloy is an important consideration.
6. Weldability: There is no problem with the weldability of most aluminum alloys, especially some 5 series aluminum alloys, which are specially designed for welding considerations. On the contrary, some 2 series and 7 series aluminum alloys are difficult to weld.
Generally speaking, the 6 series aluminum alloy has medium hardness, good corrosion resistance, and good processing and decorative properties. It is an ideal choice for industrial aluminum profiles.